A festival that commemorates the triumph of good over evil, Dussehra is celebrated with immense zeal and grandeur throughout India. One of the cherished traditions of this festival is the exchange of delectable sweets and treats.
While traditional desserts hold their special place, this Dussehra, why not add a touch of opulence and good health by incorporating the richness of dry fruits like almonds, pistachios, raisins and cashews?
To help you elevate your celebrations, we’ve brought to you the choicest dry-fruit-based dessert ideas that will make this year’s Dussehra a memorable one
1. Dry Fruit Laddu
Typically made with flour and sugar, we have a perfect option for healthy snacking that can also double as a festival delicacy. One of the unique desserts that don’t require oodles of sugar, dry fruit laddus are a popular treat that's also very easy to make. Here’s the recipe for it:
- 1 cup mixed dry fruits (good quality cashews, almonds, and pistachios from Sublime House of Tea), finely chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the chopped dry fruits until they turn golden brown.
- Add the desiccated coconut and roast until it's lightly browned.
- Pour in the condensed milk and stir continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder for flavor.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then shape it into laddus.
- Garnish each laddu with crushed dry fruits.
2. Nutty Halwa
A delicious quick dessert made with nature’s goodness, the Nutty Halwa uses organic figs, dates, pistachios, almonds, cashew nuts, and walnuts, with no added sugar making it high on taste and health.
- 1 cup Cashews, ground into a fine powder
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- A pinch of Saffron
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew powder. You can buy cashews online and grind them into a fine powder. Roast until it turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped almonds and pistachios and continue to roast for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan, make sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in water and adding saffron strands for color and flavor.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the roasted nuts mixture and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Transfer the halwa to a serving dish and garnish it with crushed dry fruits from Sublime House of Tea's Dry Fruit Package.
3. Pistachio and Almond Kheer
No Indian traditional festival can be complete without a spoonful of sweet indulgence of Kheer. And to make matters healthier and tastier, here’s the recipe for creamy rice pudding infused with the goodness of organic pistachios and almonds from Sublime House of Tea's dry fruits collection.
- 2 litres of full cream milk
- 6 tbsp Rice
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 tbsp Almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachios, chopped
- Bring milk to a boil and add washed rice and stir. Let it cook on low heat.
- While the rice cooks and a layer of malai starts to form on top, carefully pull and stick the malai to the side of the pot using a silicone spatula until the milk is reduced to almost half its original quantity.
- After an hour of cooking with frequent stirs, scrape off the malai from the sides and mix it back into the liquid concoction.
- Add sugar to this thick kheer and stir till it melts.
- Add some cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron for flavor, fragrance and color.
- Let it sit for some time. You can buy pistachios online as well as almonds and finely chop them for garnish. Serve warm.
The premium quality of our dry fruits is an excellent source of nutrients that you can make a part of your daily diet, while also using them to elevate your festive sweets. Whether you're making laddus, halwa, kheer, barfi or jalebi, these top-notch dry fruits are bound to elevate your creations.
So, this Dussehra, embark on a culinary journey that merges tradition with innovation by incorporating the richness of dry fruits into your beloved sweets. Don't miss the chance to enhance your recipes with Sublime House of Tea's dry fruits, making your celebrations even more special.Happy Dussehra!